cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Configuring the APN on an Android operated device

While the SAP IoT Connect 365network is purpose built to transport data traffic for the IoT/M2M use cases, it is also possible to use the SAP IoT Connect 365 SIMs in a consumer device like an Android mobile phone, (i.e. to quickly verify if connectivity is available).

Note: Before starting please make sure you have an unlocked mobile phone, i.e. that is not locked/limited to a specific operator.

To configure the APN on an Android device take the following steps:

1. Insert the SIM in the phone’s SIM slot
  2. Go to the Main Settings
  3. Go to "Connections" and then “Mobile networks” (you may need to go through the “More networks” option first)
  4. Make sure the select the "Mobile data" and "Data roaming" check boxes (i.e. ensure these settings are active.
  5. Go to "Access Point Names"
  6. Press menu, and then select either “New APN” or “+
  7. Enter SAP IoT Connect 365 as name and sap as APN. You can ignore the other fields i.e. leave as "Not set" (blank). Save the settings.
  8. If you see multiple APNs listed, please select the new APN you just created to be the active one.
  9. Restart your phone.
  10. You should have signal bars, showing that a connection has been established.
  11. You can monitor the connectivity on the SAP IoT Connect 365 User Interface (UI). If your APN settings configuration was successful, you should see the status of the endpoint as "Online".
  12. Open the browser on the phone and enter http://www.sap.com to check if you can access the internet.
Shahzad Ismail
Community Manager – SAP Digital Interconnect
Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos